Victoria University has developed the Bachelor of Health Science (Paramedic) degree program for qualified ambulance officers and paramedics, as well as other healthcare professionals. SPACE of Hong Kong University offers the program in Hong Kong in association with Ambulance Service Institute (Hong Kong Branch).
Bachelor of Health Science (Paramedic) by the Victoria University, Australia
Program Structure and Contents
The program consists of two stages undertaken over two years of part-time study:
- Bridging topics for health professionals (compulsory only for non-ambulance personnel). The themes include: paramedic practice, paramedic medical care, paramedic trauma care and integrated topics.
- Bachelor of Health Science (Paramedic)
A total of 6 modules are studied over four semesters (2 years):
HFB 3101 Professional Basis of Paramedic Practice HFB 3201 Integration of Paramedic Practice HFB 3301 Issues in Pre-hospital Health Service Delivery HFB 3401 Pre-hospital Ethical and Legal Issues HFB 3501 Research in Paramedic Practice HEB 1530 Developer of Trainees
For ambulance personnel:
- Associate Diploma of the Ambulance Service Institute and 2 years post-qualification experience Licentiate Diploma of the Ambulance Service Institute and 3 years post-qualification experience EMA II Certificate- HK Fire Services Department and 3 years post-qualification experience Degree standard plus three years road experienceSeven years road experience with a pass in English Language (Syllabus B) in HKCEE
- Those who do not possess the above-mentioned requirements but have seven years road experience are required to sit and pass an English Standard Examination offered by Victoria University at their own expenses
For health professionals:
- Diploma, professional diploma or bachelor degree in allied health disciplines (e.g. nursing, physiotherapy, pharmacy, etc.)
- A degree in relevant science subjects
Medium of Instruction:
For further information, please contact:
Victoria University (Australia)
|Mr. YUEN Yiu-leung||Mr. Andrew McDonell|
|Assistant Course Coordinator||International Director|
|Ambulance Service Institute HK||Paramedic Science Unit|
|Ph: 61 3 9365 2764|
|Fax: 61 3 93642729|
New Development of BHSC (Paramedic)Course
“Bachelor of Health Science in Paramedic”
After continual effort in liaison with VU and SPACE of HKU, a good progress had been achieved and we are pleased to announce that the bachelor degree course would be conducted again.
The course is a “2-year conversion course” with part-time classes held at HKU SPACE in the evening. Same as previous courses, the entry requirements are:
Grade E or above HKCEE English (Syllabus B),
Completion of EMA II training or holder of a first degree,
Working experience in related field.
The course fee is tentatively set to be AUD$10,500 (approximately HK$63,000). Special arrangement of payment by installments is still possible.
The course would be scheduled to commence at the end of 2006 and all full-time ambulance personnel are welcome. Interested members may fill out the reply slip below and return it to Mr. PANG Kai-chiu, Bachelor Degree Coordinator of ASI(HK), c/o Fire Services Ambulance Command Training School and further details will be announced in due course.
|Application Form||Download Here|